Monday, April 12, 2010

In my Julius Caesar essay I had improved my representation of my ideas, for example in my latest essay I was able to support my ideas without confusion. My content has become more straightforward and easier to understand. I think in the JC essay I showed clear topics that had focused and supporting ideas. In my first essay I wasn't able to put my ideas on paper like I had thought of them in my head, but in my new essay I was able to do this without problems this I think is my biggest growth. My concern through both essays was that the reader would understand my ideas, so in the new essay I made sure I would develop my ideas so the when I write I will feel confident that everyone could understand it. My essays were basically organized for example after each quote I used in my JC I had supporting details. I think I made my essay easy to follow along with and is orderly. I started with clear topic sentences giving the reader a idea what that paragraph would talk about. For the first time I used a transition sentence which the reader should of followed through to the next paragraph, but these transition sentences didn't work and were weak. I felt my concluding sentences were good because they could properly finish off all that I've written before it and they were able sum up my topic sentence.

I think my growth has been enormous because my I ideas were supported anymore with confusing writing that in some case doesn't make any sense. I've also been able to sum up my ideas without any other extras so the message I'm trying to send to the reader is concise. I'm also able to identify key points to put in my writing such as quotes that I pick because of a specific reason. Now I'm also able to be more confident of my writing since in my last essay I was most of the time very unsure of my ideas but in the JC essay I knew that my written work was correct and that I had developed my ideas to the extent where they would make me happy that I had done a good job. I also improved in having background informatio, for example in the Alchemist essay I had only written of what I remembered but for this essay I had decided to go through the book and some of the notes I had so I could refresh my memory of the things I was going to write about. My SLR is Communicate Effectively becuase I had made sure my ideas had a clear way of showing up to the reader and that my writing would create some sort of visual in the reader's mind just like when your reading a book. I aimed for the writing to be knowledgeable so the ideas would come to the reader with a sense of understanding

No comments:

Post a Comment